Decision

Almost three years ago in autumn 2016, when I decided to go back from worklife to studying, it was clear for me from start, that I wanted to go exchange during the studies. The exchange studies didn't interest me the last time I was in university, and that was starting to regret that more and more.

Getting international experience in form or another started to feel more interesting during worklife. Many times moving abroad was in my mind and I was thinking about different possibilities to make it happen. We also discussed about these plans with my wife. But realizing it would be somewhat challenging. You should find a new job abroad, discontinue your safe contract, find an apartment and so on.

When you study it is a totally different game. Practically, you will get to exchange, if you only decide and fill some application forms. No need to search job, go to job interviews, be anxious about the results, discontinue contracts etc. Only by filling the form you will get an exchange destination with almost 100% probability. Wonderfully easy! Well okay, there are some hiccups along the way, but my intention is to write about these in here.

Anyway, my own decision to go exchange was crystal clear and nothing would weaken that decision. No children, not the possible schoolgoings by kids and nothing else either. I. Had. To. Get. To. Exchange.

And because the idea is to write here about organizing and experiences of exchange from the approach of a family with children, let's tell that I am 31 year old father of big family, and we have 5 kids with my wife. This sets special challenges for the exchange, that differ greatly from other exchange students' challenges. Despite the challenges, the aim is to gain common and wonderful experience for the whole family.

At the time many things is already nailed down for example the exchange destination and apartment. About all these I will write here in the coming weeks and months. The exchange will start in the beginning of April 2020, meaning there is still 7 looooong months to wait.

Until next time!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Korona hiipuu edelleen

Korona hiipuu Saksassa edelleen. Saksan laajuinen Inzidenz (ilmaantuvuusluku) viikossa 100000 asukasta kohden on nyt 18,6. Kehitys on siis o...